Monday, February 14, 2005

MH - Girl Scouts and Planned Parenthood

Boy, I get tired of these kinds of posts sometimes. But it has to be done.

I think I missed the curve on this earlier; it appears to have been an issue before this blog started. But I wanted to post it anyway it case some of you out there (like me) weren't aware of it. My curiosity was triggered by this Q&A from ETWN stating that there was a relationship between the Girl Scouts and Planned Parenthood, and that it was time for parents and churches to end their relationship with the Girl Scouts. I followed the link to this story which provided more details. A Google search also pulled up this from our friends at the excellent blog After Abortion. Bottom line: doesn't sound good. (As a postscript, someone asked if the same applied to the Boy Scouts, and the answer is apparently no.)

I was asked once if I didn't get tired of being so critical, of pointing out "faults" like this. Well, yes, I do. I'd much rather be linking more often to fun things like pages about the old American Football League. But when you make a commitment to starting a blog like this, and your hope is that somehow you're serving Our Lord and His Church, you often wind up bringing up issues such as this that might make people uncomfortable. And it makes me uncomfortable at times to do it. But the truth is like that, and spreading the truth is one of those things we're called to do. Besides, it's not as if we're supposed to be tremendously comfortable in this world. That comes in the next world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember: Think Before Commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...