- "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!" (Treasure of the Sierra Madre) Yes, I know this isn't the exact quote as it appears in the movie, but who cares? It's the one I thought of.
- "Soylent Green is people!" (Soylent Green, of course) My Chuck Heston runner-up: "It's a madhouse! A madhouse!" (Planet of the Apes)
- "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!" (Network) Subject of a future post, on the legacy of The Passion of the Christ. Suffice it to say I think that movie did a lot to instill this attitude in newly-assertive Christians.
- "As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again." (Gone with the Wind) This one wound up in my (presently unpublished) novel. Whenever I say this around the house, I always have to add "Do you hear me?"
- "I'm shocked, shocked, to find that gambling is going on here." (Casablanca)
Yes, I know these lines are familiar ones, and it seems that I have something to say about all of them, but it's not as if I sat down and thought this out. I suspect it's because I have something to say about them that they popped into my head so quickly. If I actually had time to think about it, there are a lot more I could write down...
And with that, I note that we've been blogging for 12 days in a row, and there were some heavy ones in that group. So you know what? Unless something exciting or extreme comes up tomorrow, I think we're going to take the weekend off! So barring an emergency, see you on Monday...