Friday, March 11, 2005

MH - Reflections for the Fifth Friday in Lent

Psalm 22:6-8

But I am a worm, and no man; scorned by men, and despised by the people. All who see me mock at me, they make mouths at me, they wag their heads; "He committed his cause to the LORD; let him deliver him, let him rescue him, for he delights in him!"

My apologies for the silence today; but I did want to get this meditation up, so it will, perforce, be brief.

As we prepare to enter Passiontide, it might be good to recall the words of the suffering servant in this Psalm, one of my personal favorites. When you read it, remember the suffering Our Lord has already gone through, and that which is to come; and remember why He is doing it.

Love. His love for us. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

As Bishop Sheen once said, Our Lord loves us as if we were an only child. As we look to Palm Sunday and Good Friday, remember this love, and let it sustain you no matter what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember: Think Before Commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...