- Total number of books I own: Well, between the two of us we've probably got about 800 right now.
- The last book I bought: Let's see, that would have been a trip to a second-hand store, so that would be Henry and Clara and Two Moons, both by Thomas Mallon; Doing Well and Doing Good by Fr. Richard John Neuhaus, Down With the Old Canoe by Steven Biel, and Jesus by Malcom Muggeridge.
- The last book I read: Wheat That Springeth Green by J.F. Powers.
- Five books that mean a lot to me (OK, six):
Libra by Don DeLillo and The New York Trilogy by Paul Auster - as a writer, those books did more to shape the style of my fiction writing than any other.
Father Elijah, by Michael O'Brien - changed the way I saw myself and my life.
The Vicar of Christ, by Walter Murphy - played with grand, epic themes that stayed with me.
A Night to Remember, by Walter Lord - as a young boy, started me on my lifelong fascination with the Titanic.
You Gotta Play Hurt, by Dan Jenkins - maybe it's not his greatest book, but it has the single funniest thing I've ever read in my life - I literally fell off the couch laughing at it.
- Tag five people: Badda-Blogger, Linda, Sharon, Dan, and Rich.