Tuesday, December 6, 2005

Christ and Frosty the Snowman

By Mitchell

Truth be told, I just haven't found that much interesting to write about lately. Everyone goes through stretches like this, and between being busy at work and basically being lazy at home, I haven't been terribly motivated to come up with something that might catch my (and your) interest. This may change later tonight, or sometime next week - who knows?

In the meantime, here's another story from last year I'd like to share with you. It's Badda-Blogger's special piece for us on the secret life of Frosty the Snowman. Despite my laziness, the reason I'm repeating it now is that we didn't have as many readers last year as we do now, and I think Badda's analysis deserves more visibility than it got last year.

It starts like this...

*****

I’d always enjoyed the cartoon in something of a nostalgic way, as part of the memories of Christmases past. At that, I thought the plot was kind of thin. I mean, a kid thinking they can take a train to the North Pole on Christmas Eve? Without bringing any money? And then there’s the phony magician, the talking rabbit, and – well, you get the picture. You didn’t watch Frosty for the drama, you simply basked in its warm sepia glow.

But then Peter asked me if I’d ever noticed how the story of Frosty was an allegory for the life of Christ.

“What?” I think I said.

“Sure,” he replied, and proceeded to document the ways:

*****

To read the rest, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember: Think Before Commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...