Tuesday, March 7, 2006

A Dissenting Opinion

By Mitchell

I'm copying this comment from today's "Catholic Carnival" combox, as it has to do with the recent unpleasantness here in the archdiocese, and I thought many of you might miss the comment buried there.

It's from Kevin Miller at HMS Blog, who has a different opinion on this entire matter. Here's his comment in full:

As one of the contributors to the Carnival - I would like to say that I'm not buying the criticism of Flynn over Altier, for the reasons I've given.

In case you're wondering, here's the money quote from Kevin:

And in the second place, it's obvious to me that Altier has been saying some truly kooky things. See, for instance, this late 2003 homily, with its claim that "Satan ... is working ... through his dupes, the Freemasons, who are the lowest form of human life on the earth. These unfortunate souls think that they are going to be able to set up their kingdom and have their one world government, their one world religion, and that they can play god." Or there's this, quoted in an article sympathetic to Altier: "There are three groups that have infiltrated the Church, the Masons, the Communists, and the homosexuals, who came in 1924."

We need good priests who'll contribute to true reform in the Church. I don't care how many fans Altier has; I don't think he's one of them.

Now, aside from the disrespect I think Kevin shows both Archbishop Flynn and Fr. Altier by simply referring to them as "Flynn" and "Altier," I think he makes some comments that deserve to be considered and discussed, and that's why I wanted to bring it up to the blog where people could read it.

Anyone care to comment?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember: Think Before Commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...