No more calls, we have a winner! Yes, Cathy of Alex indeed answered each question in last week's poetry quiz correctly. Cudos to Cathy.
Now, here are the poets and the titles of the poems from which the quotes came.
1. Ben Jonson "To Celia"
2. Robert Herrick "Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May"
3. William Blake "The Tiger"
4. Edgar Allen Poe "To Helen"
5. Percy Bysshe Shelley "Ode to the West Wind"
6. Robert Browning "Home-Thoughts, From Abroad"
7. Robert Browning "song from Pippa Passes"
8. Robert Louis Stevenson "Requiem"
9. John Donne "from Holy Sonnets"
10. Robert Frost "Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening"
As I mentioned in one of my comments to last week's post, perhaps the next contest will be "Bible, Shakespeare, Cervantes". No, it's not anything like Rock, Paper, Scissors. These three sources are responsible for a tremendous number of quotes found in every day conversation. I'll work on it.
Beginning next week, we'll move from 20th century poets to survey poems from all different eras and genres.