Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Michael Dubruiel, R.I.P.

By Mitchell

Michael Dubruiel, husband of the extraordinary Catholic blogger Amy Welborn and a blogger and speaker in his own right, died suddenly today.

I did not know him, nor I suppose could it be said that I knew Amy except through her blog, and several emails we had exchanged a few years ago. That probably does not make us friends, per se, but she was always very kind and generous in our correspondence, and several times she linked to pieces I had written when we were covering local Catholic issues.

She has always seemed to me to be a good person, with a nice family and a loving husband. The brief note on her website describes her family as devastated, which I am sure is an understatement. Though they may seem modest, prayers are anything but; and so we offer them for the repose of his soul, and the consolation of his loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember: Think Before Commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...