Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Christ is Risen!

I had to choose going Down Under for this nice early autumn day for this version (Brisbane Concert Choir; remember the seasons flip-flop in Australia!) for #53 ("Worthy is the Lamb that was slain" and "Amen") of Messiah HWV 56 from Händel for today's Easter meditation. As we celebrate the Resurrection Morn, I reflected that I've only sung this once (December 2006) in concert setting and I've exhorted it in Liliann's singalong, regardless of the soprano soloist being Stallard (2005), Vance (2006, 2009), or Hill (2007-08). For this Resurrection Morn, naturally, I had to turn to my old standby to celebrate!

Worthy is the Lamb that was slain, and hath received us to God by His Son.
To Receive Power, Wisdom, Strength, Honor, and Blessing.
Blessing and Honour, Glory and Power, Be Unto Him That Sitteth Upon the Throne, Unto the Lamb
Forever and Ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember: Think Before Commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...