Thursday, November 18, 2010

Opera, opera everywhere!

Opera Weekend seemingly is on the blog this week, and I'm also attending an opera. I'll be in Greenville this weekend for another opera card, the Greenville Light Opera Works' adaptation of Gilbert and Sullivan's Trial by Jury, which they claim to update in a Palmetto State courtroom (my dance partners I've had in dance classes are attorneys!). There is a conflict of interest for me, as an alto in the operetta is in my inner circle (Brittnee was part of the 2007 Messiah singalong that I enjoyed. I'll be armed with my notepad and be prepared too for this fun operetta. The Upstate company's Der Schauspieldirektor was set in 2010 Wien (I attended a performance, and the Mississippi Squirrel was there). This time, it's The Brittnee who is in the event. The Interstate Batteries / Mobil 1 truck is ready, the Bosch spark plugs are firing on all cylinders, and the Goodyear tyres are in shape. (And yes, the next performance of GLOW will feature the Squirrel again! Look what she did to a 26-year old and the result!)

The performance of Trial by Jury, they noted, will feature an ensemble of Gilbert and Sullivan songs. With the intentional Dick Wolf look of the programme cover, I wonder how it's set.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...