Friday, February 24, 2012

Retro TV Friday

I've introduced a new feature over at the It's About TV! website called "This Week in TV Guide."  Every Saturday (because that's when the week started in a classic TV Guide program listing), I'll feature the week as seen in a TV Guide of the past.*  Sometimes the focus will be on the programs themselves; other times I'll take a closer look at a story or event that appeared in the features section - you know, the part with the glossy paper.

*Which means, come to think of it, there'll be a new one up tomorrow.  I'd better get started.

I think you'll find it not only an interesting look at television of the 50s through the mid 70s, but also a glimpse into a world that, for better or worse, no longer exists.  Nostalgia, yes, but undeniably with insight into the things, places and people that shaped our culture in the later part of the 20th Century.  I hope you'll check it out every week!  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...