This has been sweeping blogdom (I got it from Eve Tushnet and then Terry Teachout) - listing 10 things the writer has done that his/her readers probably haven't - and since you know I can't stand being left out in the cold, I figured what the heck, might as well. Actually, it was an interesting exercise, since at first I figured I couldn't possibly come up with 10 things that unique. After all, I've lived a pretty dull life. Well, it took me a couple of days, but you know what? I was able to come up with 10. They might not be that interesting, but it's a good exercise, and I'd recommend all of you try it as well. You might realize that you're more special than you think (even though God knew that already...)
- Nearly been hit by lightning, and then nearly hit by falling debris from the building that was hit by lightning.
- Run for public office.
- Hosted my own (cable-access) television show.
- Did a radio commercial when I was in grade school.
- Called the boyfriend of a female friend of mine (at her request), a man whom I had never met before, and told him he needed to pay more attention to her. (Surprisingly, the releationship didn't last.)
- Had my picture taken with the Stanley Cup.
- Seen a comet with my bare eyes.
- Written a novel (unpublished, as yet).
- Spent a Super Bowl Sunday flying from Minnesota to Maine, with stopovers in Chicago and Boston - the two cities whose teams were playing in the game.
- Had a book personally autographed by a former President of the United States.
Can you do better? I'm sure you can...