Tuesday, October 25, 2005

What the Heck Is This?

By Mitchell

I was just on Yahoo! getting my mail, and this ad pops up on the mail page. Here's the headline:

"You Don't Have to Cheat on Your Husband...But it's nice to be asked."

It's an ad for a product called Hydroderm, "guaranteed to reduce wrinkles by up to 63.5%" Now, I don't know if they're trying to say that you're "cheating" by fooling your husband about your appearance, or that you'll find yourself being propositioned by all kinds of men turned on by your hot looks (thanks, of course, to Hydroderm).

But I have to wonder: what kind of advertising hook is this? Is this any way to plug a product, by suggesting that women have the option to cheat on their husbands? Of course we all have the option to sin if we so choose, but things are bad enough as they are without encouraging more immoral behavior, even if you're "just kidding."

I could ask what we're coming to, but I think we've been there for quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember: Think Before Commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...