Congratulations to Badda for coming closest in Wednesday's 4th Grade quiz. (Yes, I know he was the only entrant, but kudos anyway on doing an excellent job.) In case you're curious, you can still bypass the rest of this piece and check out the quiz.
For the rest of you, here are the answers:
- The longest river in the world is the Nile.
- "Wood" and "Would" are homonyms.
- Besides the Atlantic and Pacific, there are two other oceans. One is the Indian.
- The other is the Arctic.
- Maine was not one of the thirteen original colonies.
- One gallon, two quarts and four pints equal two gallons.
- Above the equator is the Tropic of Cancer.
- Below is the Tropic of Capricorn.
- In no particular order, the other two types of rock are metamorphic
- And sedimentary.
On the original quiz on I've Got a Secret, Bess Myerson and Henry Morgan tied at 70% each, as did Badda when he took the test. How did you do? How would today's fourth graders do?
In case you're wondering, Sam Levenson does return later in the IGAS run with another quiz, and we'll bring it to you when it happens.