Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Letter from the Editor

By Mitchell

Don’t you just love that? “Letter from the Editor” – as if I had a notepad here in front of me, with “From the Editor” stamped at the top. Oh well, we can dream, can’t we? Even if it’s just a little bit of self-importance in the morning.

Anyway. I’m going on sabbatical again, as I did last summer, and for the same reason: to finish a book. My effort last year is still in what you could call post-production – in other words, looking for a publisher. Of this I’m hopeful, but at the same time I’m not quitting my day job. But I’m reminded of one of my favorite authors, Keith Mano, who fell into the habit of always being one book ahead of the game, his second book having been completed while he was still trying to have his first published. Perhaps lightning will strike twice, eh?

I’ll continue to pop in from time to time – it won’t be that easy to get rid of me – but for the next four months or so my colleagues here will be doing most of the heavy lifting. And this year we’ve got a surprise – a series of guest contributors who have agreed to help pick up the slack. I think you’ll find that they are more than up to the task of filling in for me, and I know you’ll agree that they will add a new and exciting dimention to our collection of cultural bloggers.

I’ll introduce our guests as they come aboard, but you will probably be familiar with many of them if you frequent the links on the right-hand side of the page. Our first guest is our dear friend and frequent contributor Cathy of Alex, who can regularly be found at The Recovering Dissident Catholic. Look forward to Cathy’s columns appearing on a weekly basis.

Stay turned for further information – and my personal thanks and gratitude to Cathy and the other bloggers you’ll meet, for making their words part of Our Word. I’ll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember: Think Before Commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...