Friday, October 26, 2012

The real life of TV drama

Over at the TV blog this week, I've got a piece up on my my top political movies, a revision of a similar post I did here a few years ago. One of the additions to that list is a taut, well-done TV docudrama about the Cuban Missile Crisis, The Missiles of October.

As it so happens, Terry Teachout wrote an article about The Missiles of October earlier this month, observing the 50th anniversary of the event that brought the world to the brink of nuclear war.  Teachout describes many of the same aspects of Missiles that I admired in the production, so rather than rehash them I recommend you click on the link and check him out.  (You should anyway; he's one of the most talented culture critics around, and always edifying.)  It's gratifying to know I have such good taste in television!   

Watch The Missiles of October it its entirety, starting below with part 1.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...