- Try to refer to your coworkers as "me mateys" at least once during the day.
- Act surprised when someone asks you a question; say "Shiver me timbers" two or three times to confuse them.
- Watch two episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants.
- Afterward, go to McDonalds and order a Crabby Patty.
- Root for the Pittsburgh Pirates tomorrow when they play the Milwaukee Brewers (I don't know why they aren't playing today...).
- Start a film club and watch the original version of Mutiny on the Bounty.
- If you get a call from a political fundraiser, tell them that the candidate they're calling for should be "keelhauled." Note that it doesn't matter which candidate you're talking about.
- Walk around with a parrot on your shoulder.
- Dig a hole in your neighbor's yard; when they ask you what you're doing, tell them you're looking for buried treasure, and add that if they don't like it, you'll see them in Davy Jones' Locker.
- Tell the next attractive woman you meet that you're looking for booty. Make sure you aren't the one who gets keelhauled.
Monday, September 19, 2016
Aarrr! International Talk Like a Pirate Day
some suggestions for commemorating the occasion, to which I add my own: