Monday, June 25, 2018

Missing in action

Yes, it does seem as if I’ve been away for awhile, doesn’t it? Long enough, perhaps, that you wouldn’t be blamed if you thought the blog had closed up shop for good.

Well, that may yet happen, one of these days, but not yet. An explanation is in order, however, for those of you wondering about the silence.

If you’ve been reading the TV blog, which is alive and well, you know I’m in the process of putting the finishing touches on my newest book, The Electronic Eye: An Opinionated Look at How Classic TV Explains Who We Were and Who We Are (and Everything In-Between!). The due date is by the end of August, which explains the sense of urgency accompanying my work; a man has only so many hours in the day, you know. And even at It’s About TV!, I’ve been forced to resort to the occasional repeat when the time crunch gets the better of me. I’ll also be making a presentation at September’s Mid-Atlantic Nostalgia Convention, and while it doesn’t take as much time to prepare a 35-minute presentation as it does to write a book, it’s still something that takes a fair amount of time if I’m going to look and sound as if I know what I’m talking about.

In addition to The Electronic Eye, I have another book in the process of being wrapped up: The Car, the second novel from the Hadley stable. You can also expect that to appear in the next couple of months, although that’s much closer to completion.

The end result of all this has been that, with the exception of my TV writing, everything else has had to take a back seat. Even Throwback Thursday and Flashback Friday, easy as they may seem, consume time that is best used elsewhere. I feel bad enough about this that I’ve finally forced myself to take a few minutes to write this, so that you’ll have at least something that’s new.

That’s not to say everyone’s gone. Bobby, bless his soul, continues to bail us out with his occasional contributions, and David and Drew stop by from time to time. Come October, I’d expect us to be fully back to normal, at least until I start on my next project, overseeing a short documentary film. No, I’m not kidding. Yes, I am crazy. However, you only live life once, right?

At any rate, I hope this explanation – apology, really – will suffice until we’re either going full steam ahead or have decided to wrap it up, concentrate on the TV side, and make this available through the archives with only the occasional new content.

I promise I’ll try and be back between now and September 15 with something new. I can guarantee Bobby will be back before then. And in the meantime, keep the faith and thanks for your patience!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...