Tuesday, September 6, 2005

Roll Up Your Sleeves

By Mitchell

It's time to go to work. That's the theme of this very thoughtful post from A Penitent Blogger. I like everything he has to say in it, but especially the end:

We cannot let ourselves be intimidated by the desperate needs we see – not by the hundreds of thousands we see without homes and not even by the billions of people without a real knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

The work before us is truly daunting - in some ways perhaps even more daunting than healing a few thousand people in a field - yet as Christians we can and should go forward in confidence.

Verily, verily, I say unto you,
He that believeth on me,
the works that I do shall he do also;
and greater works than these shall he do;
because I go unto my Father.
(John 14:12)

You and I need to go to work.

To that, I can only add, "Amen, brother."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember: Think Before Commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...